Appointments: 01438 727273
FOR THIS SERVICE YOU MUST BE ABLE TO SEE THE NURSE FACE TO FACE 4-6 WEEKS BEFORE DEPARTURE.
We have a comprehensive travel advice clinic. Nurse Mandy, Nurse Hilary, Nurse Maggie and Nurse Alison are here to help you with advice on the necessary precautions you may need to take before your trip abroad. Consult them at least 4-6 weeks before your departure. You may book an appointment to talk to them on the telephone or see them face to face.
We also offer this service for patients who are not registered at the practice.
Make sure you have adequate medical insurance. If you are visiting an EEC country you will need an EH1C card which will allow you to receive limited reciprocal health care, dependant on the country being visited. Forms are available from the Post Office.
- Take a small First Aid Kit
- Personal hygiene is essential
- Beware of bites from insects and animals. Many diseases are insect borne and rabies is widespread in some countries
- Be careful with raw vegetables, salads, fruit, shellfish and ice cubes. Use sealed bottled water where possible.
- Respect the power of the sun. Use sun creams regularly
- Sexually transmitted diseases (including HIV) are a major threat throughout the world. Condoms offer some protection.
- Remember the Practice Nurse can offer advice on the preparations you need to make and vaccines / tablets you may need. They are available face to face or by telephone appointment.
We can offer the following immunisations (prices available on request)
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis A and Typhoid combined
- Hepatitis B
- Hepatitis B combined with Hepatitis A
- Japanese B Encephalitis
- Menveo, Meningoccocal A, C W135 and Y vaccine
- Meningoccocal B
- Polio as single antigen
- Rabies vaccine
- Tetanus combined with low-dose Diptheria
- Tetanus, low-dose diptheria and inactivated polio combined
- Tick - borne encephelitis
- Typhoid vaccine
- Yellow fever vaccine
Some of the above vaccines are available on the NHS, our nurses can advise you accordingly.
Please visit the following website for further information: www.masta.org
Descriptions and charges of Private Services available at the Surgery
We cannot offer this service at short notice you must plan ahead!
Some vaccines are not stock items owing to their shelf life
Some vaccines are not available on the NHS and you will be charged
Some vaccines require more than one dose which, with short notice will not be effective by the time you travel
Appointments are 20 minutes per person in the interests of patient safety and you must complete a questionnaire beforehand.
It is your responsibility to plan ahead. Not all surgeries offer a comprehensive NHS and Non- NHS travel service and we reserve the right to advise you to visit a private health station should we be presented with insufficient notice.