It's Flu Season
PLEASE CALL APPOINTMENTS ON 727273 AFTER 10.30AM TO BOOK YOUR APPOINTMENT. OWING TO THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC APPOINTMENTS CANNOT BE BOOKED AT THE RECEPTION DESK AT PRESENT.
Flu vaccinations are currently offered free of charge to eligible groups.
- People Aged 65 years or over
- All Pregnant Women
- People in long stay residential care homes or long stay care facilities
- People who are in receipt of carers allowance or those who are the main carer of an older or disabled person whose welfare may be at risk if the carer falls ill.
- People with chronic respiratory disease
- People with chronic heart disease
- People with chronic kidney disease, chronic liver disease or chronic neurological disease
- People with diabetes
- People who are immunosupressed due to disease or treatment
- Household contacts of immunosupressed i.e individuals sharing living accomodation
- Households of shielding patients
- People aged 50-64 not in an at risk group will be vaccinated later in the year when the vaccine becomes available.
Come and Have a Flu Vaccination
Every autumn and winter lots of people catch flu. For most people, flu will make them miserable and give them a cough, runny nose, headache, high temperature and muscle ache, but they will get better on their own after the virus runs its course.
But being in an at risk group not only makes you more likely to catch flu - because your immune system is naturally suppressed-but if you do catch it, you are more likely to develop a more serious illness like a lung infection.
The best way to protect yourself is by having a free flu vaccination here at the surgery. It is very important that you have the jab because although most at risk patients will only have mild symptoms, having one of the conditions above means you are more at risk of becoming unwell because of flu. There are many advantages to having your flu vaccination done by your own GP or nurse.
Your GP has a copy of your full medical record and so is able to best assess your risk and clinical needs, and will be able to record all the details of your vaccination in your record
We will be running clinics by appointment to ensure social distancing
We can also check other aspects of your health at the same time, and even give you other vaccinations such as against pneumonia if this is clinically needed
We can answer any of your clinical questions about the flu vaccination
Your GP practice has been running flu vaccination for many years, and is an important and central part of our work to help keep our patients and local community healthy
Having the flu vaccination is quick and easy-it takes around 5 minutes. Remember that even if you have had the flu vaccination last year, you still need to have one this year to make sure you are protected from the strains of flu that are circulating this winter.
The vaccine is being reserved for the at risk patients first it is important to receive your vaccination before the end of January 2021
Unsure if you are eligible? Please ring the surgery we can help you with this.
PLEASE TELEPHONE 01438 727273 appointments BETWEEN 10.30AM AND 3PM TO BOOK YOUR APPOINTMENT
SHIELDING PATIENTS WILL BE VACCINATED IN A DESIGNATED CLINIC
HAVE AN APPOINTMENT WITH THE NURSE AFTER THE END OF SEPTEMBER 2020? ASK FOR A VACCINATION IN YOUR APPOINTMENT AND THE NURSE WILL DO THIS FOR YOU TO SAVE YOU ANOTHER TRIP TO THE SURGERY.